Monday, August 27, 2012

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

This past week has been filled to the brim with design work at my 9-5. I'm designing and developing an iPad eBook for a huge event coming up. I've loved experiencing and working through this new project. From storyboarding it at the very beginning, to the photography, design, and finally seeing it all put together. I can't wait to see the reaction from the viewers. I love design. Everything about it. If I'm doing design my whole life, I'm in a good place. That and being a wife...and a friend. That's some good stuff. :)

This weekend was spent working on one of my favorite things: Maiedae. Jenny and I met with a fantastic lady who is doing some marketing and PR work for us. I'll be sure to introduce her, as well as the whole Maiedae team to you soon. They are pretty spectacular. :) After our marketing meeting on Saturday morning, Jenny and I spent the day taking pictures, working on projects for a new post series, talking about the future, and having a lunch date at Panera. On Sunday, Jon and I spent some time with my family and then wrapped up our evening with good, good fellowship. Having time to open up your heart to others and talk about the important things is so, so good for the soul.

Snapshot(s) of the Week: 1// Time with this beautiful lady.


5 Favorite Posts:
* The Secret's Out! by Elise Blaha
* House Planning: Kitchen Dreaming by Making Nice in the Midwest
* Cotton & Leather Purse DIY by A Beautiful Mess
* Big Time Giveaway by DesignLoveFest
* Inspirational Board: Autumnal by MooreaSeal

Favorite Blog of the Week:
* A Pair of Pears - Such a cute blog. This is a new, to me, blog find and I love it! Inspirational posts and a well designed space.

Inspiring Me this Week:
* This book! - I pre-ordered it on Sunday and I can't wait to get it next month!

3 Things About Yours Truly: 
* One of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was make short films starring my little brother and sister.
* Teaching myself how to use Spotify. I used to be VERY into keeping up with music and new artists, I miss music and am looking forward to exploring again. If you're ever looking for some incredible tunes from some impeccable taste, I suggest Kelly Ann's Music Mondays. So good! :)
* Speaking of music, I haven't been to a concert in forever. Making a mental list of my must-sees and making it a goal to do some concert going in 2013! Any takers?


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I should check out Spotify! It sounds right up my alley. ^_^ If you can "friend" someone there - yeah, I've never even been there? - I'll friend 'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hair color! Spotify is an amazing app, it's so easy to spend hours looking with that thing. I've found many new favorites. Too bad you can't actually save the music into your library though.


    http://aftermylatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing our blog! I'm so glad you found us and better yet now i've found your blog! I've been looking around and there is some lovely stuff on here. Can't wait to follow along and see what you post in the future.

    ReplyDelete