Thursday, August 02, 2012

PROJECT CONDO: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

We are finally here, moved in, and making this condo ours. :) Even though things are pretty sparse, this feels like home and feels so peaceful. I can't wait to nest and finally start progress in the dining room! So far, we have our dining room table and our chandelier. We have a lot of work left, but we're hoping to be done by October. This is the inspiration board for our dream dining room:

1// Blox Dining Room Table - Jon and I chose this Blox dining room table from CB2. I am so happy with our decision! This table is sturdy, rustic looking, and has a lot of interest with the alternate facing legs.

2// Dumont Buffet - I love this mid-century inspired piece. It's currently out of stock, but I'm hoping it makes a comeback so we can get it for our dining room!

3// 3-Jar Chandelier - LOVE this chandelier from West Elm. It looks beautiful above our table.

4// Filament Bulb - Since our chandelier has clear glass jars that show off the bulb, we decided to go with more of a designer bulb and loved the ones at Restoration Hardware. We decided to get three different styles of lights to go in the light fixture.

5// Metal Tub Chair - These chairs are beautiful and will be the perfect touch to our industrial//rustic dining room. We are planning to get four of these and then two different chairs for the ends of the table, which haven't been decided on yet.

6// Industrial Pipe Rods - I love this pipe look as curtain rods. We are planning to have white//grey curtains for the dining room and these will be perfect for our industrial look.

7// Organic Shaped Dinnerware - We've been wanting casual dinnerware that can be dressed up or down for parties or everyday meals. This set has a beautiful organic feel.

8// Trivet - Pieces like this trivet will be great decorative elements in the dining room.

9// Bar Cart - I've gone back and forth between have a tray on the buffet to serve as my "bar cart" or actually having a bar cart. Since the dining room was a little bigger than I remembered, it looks like an actual bar cart will be perfect for the space. Can't wait to find that perfect the piece!

10// Branch Flatware - I fell in love with these right away. My dream flatware set. Perfect for the rustic element of our room.

11// I Love My Family - Perfect print.

12// Yes Ma'am - This print is the centerpiece of my art wall. I love everything about this print.

A U G U S T  T O - D O  L I S T
* Figure out what type of curtains to get and put them up ASAP. It's a little creepy to have such open windows at night.
* Return broken light bulb and get new one.
* Buy 4 metal tub chairs.
* Start taking the wall paper off the bottom half of the chair rail.
* Pick out paint color.
* Paint!
* Start purchasing art pieces to complete the art wall. 
* Get coasters to protect the table. 
* Figure out what type of rug would be good to anchor the room and tie everything together. 

I can't wait to show you some before pictures and the little progress we've made so far! More to come soon! 

2 comments: