Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Studio Space Progress

I am super excited to share with you a little sneak peek into my studio. I am decorating on a tight budget, so the progress is slow but steady. One of the goals I made in decorating this room was to create a multi-funcational space on a great budget with mostly found, restyled, and thrifted items. When complete, this room will hopefully serve many functional purposes such as the following:
  • Guest Room (thanks to our super nifty futon from IKEA)
  • Studio Space
  • Relaxing music room (turntable on its way!)
  • Inspirational Room
  • Social Room
There is still much to do, but I thought it would be fun to share my progress with you along the way! I like to work on one room at a time so this is my project room, up next...the bedroom!

Desk Space - Dresser thrifted for 30.00! Planning to replace the hardware. 
Beautiful picture display thanks to my Instax & Lola's Room!
My lovely pendant lamp, see the DIY here!
Little pretties
A little hard to tell here, but I bought this chair at a garage sale and collaged it with old Nylon magazine and a bird silhouette.

Couple things currently on my to-do list for this room:
  • Paint one of the walls. Light blue, green??
  • Buy more pillows and throws for the couch/futon.
  • Find a rug.
  • Build a huge frame that will hold all of my Handmades.
  • Create a space on the wall for goal brainstorming, scheduling, and inspiration.

Thanks so much for taking a peek!! I will keep you updated along the way!

8 comments:

  1. Your space looks great! I need to start getting my craft room organized but I'm having trouble getting inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful space! I love seeing these because how you surround yourself and decorate is so personal and it's like taking a glimpse into your mind. (is that weird!? haha) Especially on a budget, you have to get creative!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your area! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so neat and in it's place. I love the decor! I had actually just taken a few photos of my workspace to post on my blog right before I saw this post! I love the polaroids on the clothesline, I might steal that idea!
    Thanks for sharing, it's so lovely :)
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the picture wall and the bunting on the lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your photo display! So cute!!
    Also, I have a cat that looks just like yours!
    http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com/2010/12/king-of-christmas-tree.html

    xo
    Veronica
    http://crackthesky17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it! Love how you've displayed the Instax pictures. It looks like a super creative space!

    ReplyDelete